Kiama Visitor Information
Visitor Information: Kiama, NSW
Kiama is a coastal town located 120km south of Sydney in the Illawarra region of New South Wales. Known for its stunning beaches, rolling hills, and natural attractions, Kiama is the perfect destination for a weekend getaway or a longer holiday.
Things To Do
- Visit Kiama Blowhole: The town's most famous attraction, the blowhole is a natural phenomenon where water sprays up to 25m into the air.
- Explore Minnamurra Rainforest: Just a short drive from Kiama, this rainforest boasts beautiful waterfalls, wildlife, and walking trails.
- Spend a day at the beach: Kiama has a range of stunning beaches to choose from, including Surf Beach, Kendalls Beach, and Seven Mile Beach.
- Take a scenic drive: The Kiama Coastal Walk offers amazing ocean views and picturesque villages along the way.
Where To Stay
Kiama offers a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets and preferences. These include:
- Hotels and motels
- Bed and breakfasts
- Campgrounds and holiday parks
- Holiday homes and apartments
Where To Eat
Kiama has a diverse range of dining options, from casual cafes to fine dining restaurants. Some popular choices include:
- The Sebel Harbourside Kiama
- The Hungry Monkey
- Silo West
- Hanoi On Manning
Kiama is easily accessible by car, train or bus. If driving from Sydney, take the Princes Highway south and turn off at Kiama. The train journey from Sydney takes approximately 2 hours, with regular services departing from Sydney Central Station. The town is also serviced by local and regional bus companies.